|URL: http://www.hechshers.info/hechshers/802.htm [format=Unicode]
|Compiled by Roger Shlomo Harris
Copyright © 2010
teudat hechsher details
Authority: West African Agency for Kashrut (Does not exist)
Licensee: Aba Oil Company Ltd., Doula, Cameroon, West Africa.
Comment: See below.
2.. all hechshers
Interesting features of this kosher certificate - it's a forgery
● This document is a forgery and its details were discussed in an article by Gavriel Horan and published in
Mishpacha magazine, no.290, dated 30 December 2009, page 17.
● This document is apparently a kashrut certificate issued by the West African Agency for Kashrut yet nowhere is a WAAK contact address or WAAK telephone number shown.
● This document resembles the long-established, genuine kashrut certificates issued by Rabbi Ian Bailey of the Sacramento Agency for Kashrut, California, U.S.A.
● There is no link whatsoever between the Sacramento Agency for Kashrut and the West African Agency for Kashrut.
● The circle and horizontal line motif are used by the Sacramento Agency for Kashrut, California, U.S.A. and are documented in Kosher Supervision Guide 2010 and editions in earlier years.
● Within the circle the Hebrew words identify the Sacramento Agency for Kashrut.
● Within the circle the letters WAK are not an abbreviation of West African Agency for Kashrut.
● The Aba Oil Company Ltd exists and is based in Douala, Cameroon, West Africa. It is also known as A Aba Oil Company Ltd. It is listed on the www.alibaba.com on-line database where it is described as a manufacturer of edible oils, e.g. palm oil.
● In the address 00237 Tiko Douala Ave rd, the number 00237 is the international telephone dialling code for Cameroon. Cameroon postcodes/zipcodes have an entirely different structure.
● Tiko Douala Ave rd might refer to an avenue or road between Tiko and Douala, Cameroon.
● The name shown within a cartouche, R' Ian Paull Bailey, is the name of the rabbi and kashrus supervisor of the Sacramento Agency for Kashrut. The name Paull is a valid surname but is not a commonly used forename.
● The Hebrew date below the cartouche corresponds to 17 December 2008, yet the certificate issue date is shown as 4 September 2007, more than sixteen months earlier.
● The telephone number below the cartouche is apparently that of Aba Oil Company Ltd.
● The names cited as Coordinator and Consultant are not officers
of WAAK, but apparently officers of Aba Oil Company Ltd.
● The e-mail address cited is apparently that of an officer of Aba Oil Company Ltd. and not of the West African Agency for Kashrut.
||button to return to the previous page